Information is the life-blood of business. It comes in many forms and through a multitude of different channels. One of the great business challenges is to gather all of that information and to create a useful integrated resource that can become a part of the corporate knowledge and be shared amongst those that have a need to access it.
MNB Technical Services provides enterprise content management support services that brings intelligence and automation to the creation, management, personalization, and distribution of vast quantities and types of content, documents, Web pages, XML files, rich media, in one common content platform and repository. The enterprise content management platform makes it possible for organizations to distribute content globally across all internal and external systems, applications, and user communities all while maintaining brand and user experience. An efficient document and records management process, and technologies for collecting, sharing, tracking and archiving paper-based documentation are key to an organization’s ability to perform. Moreover, record content provides long-term value as a resource for litigation, research, development, acquisition, planning, programming, budgeting and other aspects of operations management. In addition, rapid access to content (records and non-records) at all organizational levels can increase decision-making speed while improving decision and service delivery quality.
Organizations face challenges in maintaining productivity to a level that meets increasing customer demands and continuous compliance with Federal mandates such as the Paper Work Reduction Act; Freedom of Information Act; Sarbanes Oxley, Federal Information Security Reform Act, Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and Federal Enterprise Architecture requirements; and a multitude of other federal regulatory requirements.
As laws, regulations and mandates have passed and organizations have evolved, so too have the supporting processes. As a result, challenges in today’s environment include:
- Decentralized document and records management procedures
- Labor intensive file management processes
- Manual methods for vertical and horizontal information sharing
- Volumes of non-indexed original paper content
- Inadequate paper asset management processes resulting in lost or misplaced records
- Legacy document retrieval processes that do not support customer expectations or federal requirements resulting in FOIA processing delays and backlogs
- Ineffective vital records plans supporting continuity of operations
- Differing technologies that may not always support today’s interoperability requirements
- Inefficient and ineffective archiving processes to preserve historical records
- Increased costs for physical record storage and inefficient methods for record retrieval
A study conducted by Coopers and Lybrand found that the average office:
- Makes 19 copies of each document
- Spends $20 in labor to file each document
- 20 - 30% of all time in a typical office is spent searching for information
- Loses 1 out of 20 (5%) office documents
- Spends $250 re-creating each lost document
- 3 - 5% of all information is misfiled
- Spends $125 searching for every misfiled document
- Office information is increasing in volume by 20 - 30% annually
Deploying enterprise content management solutions involves both a strategic vision and a tactical implementation methodology. Organizations needing assistance in developing or refining their approach to these solutions engage with MNB Technical Services for the delivery of technology and deployment services that enable initiatives within and between organizations, with reducing the time and cost of deployment as primary objectives.
ECMS Benefits include:
- Reduce costs and improve efficiency
- Improve institutional memory
- Streamline processesManage workflows
- Automate records capture
An ECM solution is comprised of a comprehensive, integrated suite of products capable of assisting organizations with the business functions listed below:
- Business Process Management / Workflow Compliance
- Document Management
- Forms Management
- Full text search
- Image Management
- Integration Records Management
- System Management and Security
MNB is strategically positioned to deliver best-of-breed services that apply both product and deployment expertise to the strategic business and technology initiatives of customers and partners. The services include:
Creation of an enterprise-scale content management foundation for solutions that support customers in the achievement of their business objectives
Management of content in a trusted, controlled and auditable environment that supports customer compliance with regulatory and other practice requirements at any industry, government or agency level
Delivery of content on an intra- and inter-enterprise scale in support of each link in the business supply chain to facilitate collaboration between vendors, partners and customers
Integration of robust content management solutions with other strategic initiatives to efficiently and consistently combine structured and unstructured content on an enterprise scale in a trusted form
Development of innovative ways to present, combine, deliver, acquire, manage and share content that satisfies business requirements and saves customers money and time as consistently as possible
Archiving strategies and solutions for trusted content in support of the variety of high-availability, disaster recovery, near-term and long-term storage and retrieval requirements that businesses face to enforce standards and maintain compliance
MNB can assist you with establishing a Program Management Office, developing project management plans, schedules, governance structure, communications and outreach, funding strategy, developing and maintaining Exhibit 300’s, Privacy Impact Assessments, and ASSERT, conducting business requirements analysis, investment alternatives analysis, identifying metadata for unstructured content, conducting technical studies on network capacity management and latency-related impacts to mission, researching and ranking ECMS vendors, and negotiating with top-tier vendors for an enterprise license agreement.
MNB Technical Services puts content to work by delivering the right content to the right user at the right time.